Uniglo Financial can provide a comprehensive range of payroll services in Austria. The individual is treated as an independent by Uniglo Financial and income is paid in the form of professional fees, allowances and expenses, the proportions depending on individual circumstances.


Nationals of the EU/EEA Member States and Switzerland are able to work without restriction in Austria.

Certain conditions that restrict the free movement of workers coming from Bulgaria or Romania may be applied.

Citizens from all other countries need a residence permit and a work permit.

Tax residency

  • if their home or principal abode is in Austria,
  • if their habitual abode is in Austria, i.e. if they stay for an uninterrupted period of 6 months, which may fall across two years.

Income Tax Bands

  • 36.50% from EUR 11,000 up to EUR 25,000,
  • 43.20% from EUR 25,000 up to EUR 60,000,
  • 50.00% over EUR 60,000.

Social Security

We can help contractors obtain A1 certificates from their home country which means that they will save money once issued.

How much will I take home?

Please contact our Austrian specialist who will discuss your personal circumstances with you and help you to minimise your tax and social security liabilities, within the bounds of Austrian legislation.